Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing is an amazing laser treatment that is effectively changes the texture of all skin types and colors. Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing is FDA-approved, and uses fractional laser technology to help restore your skin to its original, perfect texture and achieves smoother, fresher, younger looking skin, improved tone and texture, smaller pores, erasing of unwanted brown spots, acne scars, and surgical scars, and reduces fine line lines and wrinkles. What is Fraxel Skin Resurfacing? Explained in the simplest terms, Fraxel laser skin resurfacing tricks your skin into creating new skin to replace the damaged, or targeted areas, resulting in natural skin rejuvenation that takes years off your appearance. Fraxel skin resurfacing is a safe, non-invasive laser skin treatment that removes years from your appearance without the risks, side effects or prolonged downtime of other procedures. What does Fraxel treat? Fraxel is FDA approved to treat many skin ailments, including:
- ACNE SCARS
- SCARS: SURGICAL, POST-OPERATIVE, ACCIDENTAL, ETC.
- LARGE PORES
- AGE-SPOTS OR SUN-SPOTS
- MELASMA/ PREGNANCY MASK
- DISCOLORATION AND UNEVEN PIGMENTATION
- FINE LINES AROUND THE EYES (“PERIORBITAL WRINKLES”)
- IRREGULAR SKIN TEXTURE
- ACTINIC KERATOSES (PRECANCEROUS LESIONS)
- Whether you have mild, moderate, or severe skin damage, or you just want prevention and maintenance, there’s a Fraxel laser resurfacing treatment that can be done for you. Smoother, fresher, healthier skin with improved tone, texture and pore size, along with the softening of wrinkles and lines will be your final result. What are the benefits of Fraxel treatment?
- SMOOTHER, FRESHER LOOKING SKIN
- IMPROVED TONE AND TEXTURE
- REDUCED WRINKLES AROUND THE EYES
- IMPROVED APPEARANCE OF ACNE SCARS AND SURGICAL SCARS
- How does Fraxel work? The technology behind Fraxel is as revolutionary as the results it delivers. Unlike other laser treatments, Fraxel skin resurfacing treatments are able to precisely treat thousands of microscopic areas of skin, using pinpoint laser beams that penetrate beneath the skin’s surface to eliminate old, damaged skin cells. Fraxel stimulates the body’s own healing process which replaces damaged skin with fresh, glowing, healthy skin. By design, Fraxel skin resurfacing treatments can target between 5 to 50 percent of the skin’s surface, leaving the remaining 50 to 95 percent available to quickly help heal the treated areas. Since Fraxel treatments are so precise, it’s safe and effective to use on even delicate skin areas like the neck, chest and hands, in addition to the face. You can expect two levels of results; immediate and progressive. Immediately after the initial healing is complete, the surface of your skin will feel softer, look brighter, and tone will start to become even. Progressive results occur over the next three to six months, as the deeper layers of the skin continue to heal. Who can be treated with Fraxel? Anyone can get Fraxel fractionated laser skin resurfacing, as it can be safely used on all skin types and colors. Your skin is unique — your genetic make-up, lifestyle, and personal history all contribute to how your skin looks and feels. With Fraxel skin resurfacing, a treatment plan can be developed to target your skin’s specific needs. When do Fraxel results appear? The results are both immediate and progressive. Soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer and smoother, look brighter and show a more even tone. The next 3-6 months will bring even more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to create new collagen. Results are long lasting depending on your lifestyle, age, skin condition, and skin regimen. How many Fraxel treatments will I need? The number of Fraxel treatments you will need to achieve your desired results will depend on your skin type, the condition being treated, and how your skin responds to treatment. Clinical studies suggest that for most people, maximum results are realized in just 3 to 5 sessions, and are usually spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Do Fraxel treatments hurt?
We try to make Fraxel treatments as comfortable as possible for our patients. A topical numbing cream is applied before the procedure, and cold air is used on the treatment area during the Fraxel procedure to minimize discomfort. After the treatment, most patients report feeling a sun-burned sensation which usually dissipates within a few hours. What side-effects can I expect after treatment and how long will they last?
Following a Fraxel treatment, you may experience some redness and swelling. The intensity of these side-effects will be dependent on how aggressive your treatment was, your adherence to the recommended post-treatment practices (i.e. applying ice, keeping treated area moisturized, etc.) , and what your unique healing characteristics are. However, everyone’s skin is unique, and some patients have greater than expected reactions to less aggressive treatments, and others have fewer side-effects to more aggressive treatments. Other temporary side-effects can include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed appearance. You will be given specific instructions about what to expect for your particular treatment and how to minimize side-effects.
How should I care for my skin after a Fraxel treatment? After a Fraxel laser treatment, it is important to take extra special care of your skin. In order to help your skin heal quickly and safely after a Fraxel laser skin resurfacing treatment, there are important precautions to take to protect your skin:
- SKIN CARE PRODUCTS: ALL OF THE SKIN CARE PRODUCTS YOU USE FOR THE FIRST WEEK FOLLOWING A FRAXEL TREATMENT SHOULD BE GENTLE, AND NON-CLOGGING. EXAMPLES OF BRANDS THAT OFFER VERY GENTLE AND INEXPENSIVE SKIN CARE PRODUCTS ARE: AVEENO, DOVE, NEUTROGENA, AND CETAPHIL.
- SUNSCREEN: ACCORDING TO THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY, PROPER AND FREQUENT APPLICATION OF SUNSCREEN IS VERY IMPORTANT– AND NEVER MORE SO THAN DURING THE TIME PERIOD FOLLOWING A FRAXEL TREATMENT WHEN YOUR SKIN IS EXTRA FRAGILE AND SENSITIVE. YOUR SUNSCREEN SHOULD OFFER BROADBAND PROTECTION (UVA AND UVB) AND HAVE A SUN PROTECTION FACTOR (SPF) OF 30 OR MORE. YOU SHOULD APPLY SUNSCREEN 20-MINUTES BEFORE GOING OUTSIDE. IF DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE IS UNAVOIDABLE, WEAR A HAT AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING.
- MOISTURIZER: PEELING AND/OR FLAKING IS NORMAL DURING THE FRAXEL HEALING PROCESS. ANY MOISTURIZER YOU USE DURING THIS PERIOD SHOULD BE NON-IRRITATING AND NON-CLOGGING SO THAT IT CAN BE USED FREQUENTLY WITHOUT CAUSING ANY BREAKOUTS. PLEASE REAPPLY MOISTURIZER TO YOUR SKIN WHENEVER IT FEELS DRY AND/OR TIGHT.
- SCRUBS, TONERS, GLYCOLIC ACID, AND RETIN-A: YOUR SKIN WILL BE EXTRA SENSITIVE FOR THE FIRST WEEK OR SO AFTER YOUR FRAXEL TREATMENT, SO YOU SHOULD AVOID USING ANY PRODUCTS THAT MIGHT CAUSE IRRITATION. DO NOT USE ABRASIVE EXFOLIATING SCRUBS, TONERS, OR PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN GLYCOLIC ACIDS OR RETIN-A. MAKE SURE TO READ THE PRODUCTS LABELS OF ALL PRODUCTS BEFORE YOU USE THEM.
- BLEACHING CREAMS: DISCONTINUE THE USE OF YOUR BLEACHING CREAM (HYDROQUINONE) WHILE YOUR SKIN IS TENDER.
- can resume your normal skin care routine once your skin has healed, usually about a week after treatment. *If you have a history of cold sores, please mention this to your treatment provider so that a breakout can be prevented!* How long do Fraxel treatment results last? The length of your Fraxel results depend on your particular condition, and how you care for your skin. Once your skin is restored, it is important to continue protecting your skin from the sun as described above. (Especially for conditions such as Melasma, where sun exposure can worsen the situation again.) Your About Face Skin Care laser specialist will make sure to give you specific advice at the time of your treatment to ensure long-lasting results. Does About Face Skin Care perform Fraxel Skin Resurfacing? Not only do we provide Fraxel treatments, but our patients’ results are consistently breathtaking! Additionally, we are forerunners in the areas of revising acne and post-operative scars, and Naomi Fenlin is frequently asked to help train other doctors, nurses, and medical practitioners on the best practices and ways to effectively use the Fraxel laser skin resurfacing treatments. About Face Skin Care currently offers the Fraxel Dual 1550
- The Fraxel 1550 penetrates deep into skin layers, specifically targetting texture concerns such as acne scarring, wrinkles, large pores, fine lines and wrinkles.